Hello,
I created an automation that should add the parent ticket fixVersion to a newly created ticket.
This is my edit rule:
When creating a ticket, and running the automation, I get this error:
Any tips what I could do?
Thanks!
Hello @anne.gerten
You can do that without using Advanced Editing.
That worked, thanks!!
If a parent has multiple fixVersions, is it possible to add only specific fixVersions to the children, like for example all parent fixVersions that start with Test?
That would be a more complicated rule requiring you to figure out if there were Versions in the parent's Fix Version field that match your criteria, getting their full names, and then adding them to the child issue.
Adding them to the child issue would require Advanced Editing. An example of setting multiple values in the Fix Versions field can be found here:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/#Fix-Versions
I think I have worked it out:
I've added some Log actions to log information to the Audit Log for the rule execution. You can keep those or remove them.
1. Use a For Each Smart Value branch to iterate through the list of Fix Version values in the parent issue.
2. Check if the current value from the list starts with the relevant text.
3. Edit the issue to add that value to the Fix Versions field. In this case we have not changed to focus of the rule to any other issue (i.e. the parent) so the Edit action will operate against the issue that triggered the rule.
This worked great. Thanks so much!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.