I need to have a field (option) in every issue type where the user can select the status of the hours spent on the particular ticket whether it is billable or nonbillable (can be a toggle button) it would be best if this is bind with the clock work hours
Hey @Ghulam Sarwar,
Unfortunately you can't add extra data to the work log out of the box in Jira, the hours logged will simply be summed up.
You could instead manage this through a custom field & subtasks:
From here you can use it like this:
You could extend this with automation rules if you want:
Hello @Ghulam Sarwar , you can't configure worklog attributes natively in Jira, but you can use apps from the marketplace. Two examples are:
Although there are more alternatives, you can search for "worklog attributes" in the marketplace, for example.
oh I saw @Jovin answer after I wrote mine :S
Hi @Ghulam Sarwar
Clockwork PRO is just what you need for this.
With Clockwork, you can create a Worklog attribute as Billable with the Checkbox type.
As below:
Users can check or uncheck this box when tracking time with Clockwork based on the type of hours tracked.
Additionally, you can use this to filter the timesheet if you would like to get a report of billable hours only, as shown:
I will be happy to give you a tour of the App; if you'd like this, please reach out here
Also an elegant solution! Thanks for sharing the app @Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS , always great to see marketplace solutions for real world problems too!
I just love challenging myself on "can this be achieved with the base product only" 😂
Good stuff @Benito Jiménez _Sevidev_ ! Love the tips on searching the marketplace for solutions too, something I was unaware of - another arrow in my quiver
Because it was not required to specify the "Billable" flag per worklog, but per issue, I support this idea of just using a boolean-type custom field for it. Plain and simple.
Hi @Ghulam Sarwar ,
Jira’s native worklog dialog doesn't allow adding checkboxes or other fields. If you're open to using a third-party application, I recommend using WorklogPRO. With its attribute feature, you can create a boolean attribute to specify whether a worklog is billable or not. This attribute is displayed in the customizable WorklogPRO dialog. By adding applicability to the attribute, you can set custom restrictions and also define default values. Additionally, when grouping timesheets, you can easily analyze billable and non-billable worklogs based on this attribute.
Disclaimer: I work for the vendor who developed this application.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.