I have 3 mandatory fields on my tickets on an assistance project in jira, I would like to know if it is possible to map those fields with an email request.
Thanks
It cannot be possible to map 3 mandatory fields of ticket from email request. Ticket generates through email request with only 2 mandatory fields.
Hi @Jaime Desviat Barona ,
Welcome to the community!
You only get summary and description on a Jira issue that has been created via email
You can use an automation to look for "summary contains XYZ" or "description contains ABC" and then have a select list fields set depending on the content of the email. Depending on what you are looking for this can mean a long long automation.
This will only work if your incoming emails are somehow standardised. It also poses numerous challenges and I doubt that you will get value out of it.
best of luck
Lisa
Hi Jaime,
I see that you've received accurate replies when it comes to Jira features already, but if you'd also consider using a third-party solution this should be possible.
The Email This Issue app can do this for Company-managed projects by use of regular expressions to extract the information from the email, and setting any number of custom fields from it. It also allows for a default value in case not all incoming emails contain all the info, so processing won't fail for those emails either.
Hope it helps
AndreaMETA-INF - Email This Issue support team
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.