On my KANBAN board I have set up WIP limits but they are not highlighting the column as they usually do even though I am outside the WIP limits, any suggestions?
Apologies not much to go on here as I have to block out so much but you can see that there are 4 items and I have saved the limit of 2 in here.
Thanks for any assistance on this
Hi @Martin Powell , welcome to the community!
Can you send the screenshot (blurring all of the confidential data) with both of your board and the column constraints?
Hi @Martin PowellThe WIP limits on the kanban board are not restrictive.
In Jira Software Cloud, WIP limits on your Kanban board are highlighted by changing the background color of the column to red once the limit is exceeded, which you can observe while moving issues. This visual cue is different in Jira Server/Data Center, where the column itself is highlighted in red.
Given your description, it sounds like you might be using Jira Software Cloud. If the WIP limits are not highlighting as expected, it could be due to a configuration issue or a temporary glitch.
Kind regards,Mallika
From this screenshot, I don't see the tile marked as MAX:2. Make sure that you save your changes.
This would be the example of constraint that has been set. Have you been doing this from Configure Board > Columns?
I hope this screenshot shows that these are saved and indeed the WIP limit has been set at 2
Cheers
It does, and the behavior is indeed strange. You can test this if your workflow allows to take one issue from your Ready to Deploy and just click and try to drag to either PO Approval and Code Review. You should see that in the background there is a bit of red area showing.
As you can see from this image, it does have a red background but indeed it is not being highlighted in red for the whole column. This is the temporary glitch.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.