Our team have issues that needs approval from one or multiple groups of Jira users before issue can be moved to "Done".
I want to add a status type into a workflow so when an issue is moved into this status type one or multiple groups of Jira users will receive a notification through email that will direct them to the issue for them to review and approve or reject issue solution/progress. I would assume utilizing a field of some sort for the issue to identify groups of individuals that would receive said notification.
Our main goal is to create a single repository of the approval process tied to the related issues.
However, this is my theory on how to best approach this, but I am open to any ideas and hope of clarity on best approach to resolve this. Another concern I am not sure on how to resolve is if I can create some sort of structure within the issue to make the approval process when inside of a issue more structured. As of now approval confirmation would most likely be tied to the comment section, but not sure if that is an optimal solution.