I am trying to create an automation using for each branch using a custom filed. The automation catches that change but doesn't take the action of creating a task as required when I tried removing the branch it worked but that doesn't serve my need to create a task with different details based on the filed input
Hi @[deleted]
Change your rule to use an IF/ESLE condition
In the IF use the JQL as in the first branch and the action, and in the ELSE the JQL from the 2nd branch and the related create action.
Hello @[deleted]
I've replicated the same automation rule as yours, but I haven't included the additional branch. I've recommend to create two separate automation rules for Journey and Partners as well.
Also for the Dependency Team trigger, have you checked for which operations it will trigger. It should be set to any operation,and also for a Change type see if its for any change that has been made.
As a final result:
Additionally, you can use IF/ELSE condition, much simpler than the FOR branch.
Hello @Marc -Devoteam- I would normally use if else but actually I will include more than 2 cases
Hello @Nikola Perisic thanks for ur detailed answer I have the filed update trigger for added value and for edit only can this be an issue ?I tried using it for all operations but instead it created issues for all discovery ideas that had the filed not empty I will also include more than 2 cases I was just testing
Try updating the trigger that applies to all of the operations and then test it again.
I did still not working
HI @[deleted]
You can create multiple ELSE options, if/else is not bound to 2 actions.
But if you want to use branches, be aware they run in parallel, and use the JQL option,
Start the JQL with key = {{triggerissue.key}}
But best practice is IF/ELSE
Would you please explain the problem your rule is trying to solve? That is, "why do this?" Knowing that may help the community to offer better suggestions. Thank you!
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.