I have created a team-managed Process Control project in my company's Cloud playground environment. I've created all the fields and the workflow with the various transitions. However, I cannot figure out how to make a by default optional field to be mandatory if it's transitioned to an In Progress state. I've looked at different support articles and the steps they describe I am unable to follow because I'm not seeing the options those steps present. Here are the ones I looked at:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-make-a-field-required-before-closing-the-issue-1236928291.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-prompt-a-required-field-when-transitioning-the-status-of-an-issue-1235850930.html
When I click a transition in the workflow view, I see no box with options for Validators. I only see a box where you can add Rules. And the list of rules available to me do not fit the intended effect.
Hello, Good day. You can use the Workflow rules as shown in the link : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/available-workflow-rules-in-team-managed-projects/
So are validators not available in team-managed projects at all? And if so, what rules can be used to make a field mandatory upon a transition to an In Progress state?
Hello, Please use the following screenshots. Rule will display the destination status only when the condition is met.
@Mohanraj Thangamuthu , this seems to work by hiding the transition if a field is not filled, so it accomplishes the goal. However, if a user does not know which field needs to be filled to make the transition visible, they may get stuck. Is there a way to tell the user which field needs to be filled so that the transition appears?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.