I am an OrgAdmin in Jira and would like to delete the Default Groups that have 0 members in them. But as they are default groups I am unable to delete them. We are using Centralized user management.
example:
Welcome to the community @Sailee M
If datical is the name of your organisation, you can't delete the default groups that have been defined by Jira when you were creating your instance. However you can define which groups are default ones.
Hi @Sailee M
In admin.atlassian.com you need to set another default group and then you can delete the others.
Do you have any other default groups?
https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/default-groups-and-permissions/
Regards
Aaron
I have more than 6 default groups which I cannot delete. I did take a look at the link you mentioned above but it doesn't mention how I can delete the Default groups after the other default groups are already created and have been managed since a few years.
Can I "mark" the default groups that have been defined by Jira when creating the instance as not "Default" ? As I dont see an option to do that even with Org Admin permissions
Sadly no, this is what happens under the hood when the new Jira instance are created.
Here,you can find the list of default groups that are being created in your instance:
That's unfortunate. Thank you for your help and guidance.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.