I am trying to set multiple tasks for my team to do so have created child issues. However, I cannot seem to be able to set specific due dates to when each of the tasks need to be completed ?
Hi @luci.tinsley
What is the specific due date you are trying to set, several day in the future.
Then use automation to create the tasks and set the due date with a smart value, like;
{{now.pusDays(4)}} or {{now.plusBusinessDays(3)}}
Hi @luci.tinsley ,
What project type are you using? Company or team managed?Make sure you have proper permission and the duedate is added in screen/layout to be shown in issues.
Thanks!
Hi Dexter. Where do I check that I have proper permission / due date is added in screen / layout ?
Hi Marc, I am trying to create a monthly closing timeplan for my team. We are trying to assign multiple tasks to each colleague by setting a due date.
Is this possible ?
This is what we are trying to aim for.
Please can you show me how to use automation once I have created a Child Issue ?
Thankyou
What project type are you using? Company managed project can be modified by Jira admin only while team manage project can be modified by Project admin.
Wait Im confuse, are you looking for an automation how to get due date of parent? Or the duedate is not visible in you issue view?
Are they always the same in a month or do they differ time on time?
Do you make the issues always on the same day in a month, are they always the same issues.
If they differ, than you can only do this manually.
I can also suggest this free practice into the basics of automation.
automating-jira
I hope to guide members on the community, with help and solutions, but I also have a strong opinion that you should try it first.
I can't build your solution on request. If you want you could hire my company to built a solution.
The community is for help, not building complete solutions for other companies.
Kind regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.