I'm between the bark and the tree with Notion and Confluence. I really prefer Confluence, but Notion's unlimited toggle-feature (nested expands) is one of its 2 major pulls on me.
I love working with tables and merging cells and having other macros inside tables. And so it keeps bringing me back to Confluence. But those toggles/expands is such a BIG WANT for me. Works so well in Notion. @Confluence, bring it home please!
The other big Notion feature that sets it apart is that every element is independently movable and referancable. It is that referanceabililty that has us use tools like Confluence and Notion and Obsidian, rather than MS-word and PDF type docs. I want to create and update a piece of info in one single place and have it appear on other pages I reference it - Quicly and seemlessly. Confluence is halfway there with that. Still a way to go on it though. (Excerpt macros does not deliver on this)
As for the pull in both directions, there are other things at play of course (macros, naturally being a big one), but these 2 above mentiond aspects are the major matters for me. I'm after simplicity with little complexity and fast responsive behavior. An inherent challenge with cloud based apps, I know, but having these basic simple features natively available and using 3rd party macros sparingly, is what will make Confluence a greater joy, less peeking at other tools (e.g. Notion) for creation/mainteance ease.
C'mon guys at Atlasian. Make it happen, please.