Hello, We are currently using Jira Work Managed to manage our teams tasks. Right now I have 2 projects built, one is for our network team and one is for our systems team. We use these projects to track tasks that need to be done, but these are mainly break/fix, or internal IT tasks (like updating hostnames on devices, or ensuring telnet is turned off on all switches, etc). The teams uses these projects for tracking individual tasks that are potentially unrelated to each other.
What I am struggling with as a manager is how to integrate these tasks and workflows with project work. Sometimes we have additional projects that come up where both network and systems teams are involved. I could create tasks for each of the teams in their current project, but then its hard for me so see what the status of a project is. I could create another Jira project for the work, but then its forcing the team to look at several projects in Jira to see the work they need to do (we could have 20 projects in-flight at the same time).
How have others managed the difference between projects (and the overall work and project completion) vs the individual tasks required for that project and the other tasks the teams are working on?
Open to advice and direction, thank you!