I have a custom field I created and added to the Issue View called 'Closed Date/Time'. I also created an automation rule where once the Issue is transitioned to 'Closed', the 'Closed Date/Time' field is edited using {{now}}.
With that, after creating a new issue and viewing it in the issue view, I see my custom field called 'Closed Date/Time' and it is populated with nothing.

The issue is when I transition the issue to 'Closed'; the 'Closed Date/Time' field just disappears from the issue view.

I looked at my automation's audit log and it gives me an Unknown fields during edit error.

I then used the find your field option in the issue itself and it found my field with no issues.

Another thing worth mentioning is when I set the automation to trigger on when the issue is transitioned to 'Resolved' instead of 'Closed', the field populates as expected and is visible.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get this to work?