Hi folks - I'm using Jira Software with a Company-Managed project on Cloud. I have a kanban board setup and it appears that the Completed issue time frame is affecting more than just completed issues. Anyone know if this is a bug or functioning as designed?
On my kanban board, I'd like to be able to not display completed issues that are older than 4 weeks, while keeping other issues that are active (not in a complete status) visible, even if those active issues have not had recent activity.
What I've experienced is - when I set the Completed issues time frame (located in Configure Board > General) to 4 weeks, then any issue that has not had activity within the last 4 weeks disappears from the board - even issues that are in an active status (aka: not in a complete status). When I set the Completed issues time frame to 'Nevermind, show all', then these same active issues (that are not in a complete status) that were previously hidden, reappear and are now visible. This leads me to believe that this Configure Board Complete issues setting is affecting visibility to more than just Complete issues, even though it's labeled 'completed issues' and in Configure Board>General is defined as 'choose how long completed issues stay on your board'.
Is there a setting somewhere that can be used to ensure this Completed issues time frame only applies to issues in a complete status? ...or is this a limitation of kanban boards, where the Completed issues time frame will impact non-completed issues as well? ...or is this a bug that I should report to Atlassian?
...if this is indeed functioning as designed, I think the UI wording is a bit misleading. I wonder though if I'm just missing something?