We have about 70 users in Atlassian, but I am working on a project that can only be "approved" by 2 people. John Doe and Jane Doe.
It appears that JSM has no functionality to have a custom field only able to select from a few individuals or group at all, which I think is highly strange and would be useful for many projects. I can only use fields that let users pick from all ~70 users, or I can create a drop down or radio buttons, but this only sends the user as a string. I want to take the string "John Doe" and then assign the ticket to Atlassian User: John Doe.
Simple example: customfield_1 = Select List > "Jane Doe" selected
Automation: Assign Ticket to customfield_1 (Jane Doe)
I do not want to use a "user picker" field, and then giving end users ~68 other options that they would only accidentally pick.