Hi all, I am trying to figure out the jql statement that will list parent tasks that have the current user as either an assignee or have the current user the assignee as a sub task.Is this possible?
Hi @John Hamman
Welcome to the community!
Unfortunately, the desired query cannot be accomplished using native JQL.
You will need to install a third-party add-on, such as Script runner, and then you can execute the following JQL:
assignee = currentUser() AND issueFunction in parentsOf("assignee = currentUser()")
Explanation:
By combining these two conditions, the query lists the parent tasks that either have the current user as the assignee or have sub-tasks where the current user is the assignee.
Hope this helps!
Best regards
Sam
Thanks Sam!
Hi @John Hamman,My name is Prosper, a support engineer at Appfire, and I’m here to help you.As @Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_ as said, unfortunately natively, you’ll not be able to do get your desired result.In the app where my team works, JQL Search Extensions for Jira, you can use the query below to find parent tasks assigned to the current user or find tasks were a sub task is assigned to the current user:
issue in parentsOfIssuesInQuery("assignee=currentUser()")
Please contact our support if you have any other questions about this query.We’ll be happy to help you!Best regards,Prosper.
Hi Sam! What if I wanted to be able to do this same thing, but with dynamic selection on a dashboard? Like if I wanted to select a user from a Rich Filter Controller in a Jira Dashboard, and return the parent tasks that have the user as the assignee on either the parent task or the sub task.
Hi John,I had a similar requirement but wanted for all users and used:project = someProject AND (issuetype in subTaskIssueTypes() OR issueFunction in hasSubtasks()) ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.