I have a custom field A (number based) that is part of a screen used in a transition. The workflow is such that this transition could happen more than once in the lifecycle of the issue. During one transition, say a value 30 could be entered and on next transition 40 could be entered.
I have created another custom field A' (number based) that can store the aggregated value of A for all transitions. Now I want to write a post function on the transition of the form: A' = A' + A. So when the issue is resolved, I could use the aggregated value A' in my report/dashboard etc. How do I write this logic in the post function?
NB, I have seen this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=310378700 and it does not clearly tell me how do I do it. I have JIRA Suite Utilities enabled and when I create a post function, I do get option of 'Update Issue Custom Field' where I mention A' in the 'Issue Custom Field'. What I do not know is how to enter the formula in the 'Custom Field Value'.