I want to implement this use case:
Our company orders a lot of things: Hardware, Software, accessories, services,... and I want to keep track of this:
- In which status is a certain order? Planned, approved, ordered, paid,...
- Execute reports like What did we spend on trainings in 2023? --> JQL
One of the biggest obstacles is that I need a complex custom field for the costs:
We have several ledgers that we use for the costs. An order could perhaps consist of two items: (1) a hardware product and (2) a service regarding that product. The order costs $ 1.000 (ledger A: hardware costs) and $ 200 (ledger B: service costs). This is a simplified example. We have like 20 ledgers and there could be new ones each year.
--> I need a complex field for costs that distributes the total costs to the ledgers: $ 1.000 (ledger A), $ 200 (ledger A).
Of course, I could use distinct custom fields for each ledger, but that feels very cumbersome. And I would have to introduce a new custom field whenever we have a new ledger. Somehow, this doesn't feel right.
--> Any idea how to solve this?
I was thinking if maybe Jira Assets could be a solution. Each order would then be an asset and the issue would create that asset and update it. We would comment on the order in the issue and do the transitions, but the main facts (vendor, costs, etc.) would be part of the actual order asset.
--> Do you think this is a good idea? Would that even be possible? Would you recommend this or is it outside of what you should do with Jira Assets?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Best regards,
Tim