Hey there,
I would be super glad if someone could point me to the right direction. Here is my issue.
Context: I'm working on a project that involves integrating our internal applications with Atlassian's user management system. The primary goal is to retrieve email addresses of users from Atlassian to link them with other applications in our organization. To achieve this, I've been following the Atlassian User Management API documentation.
What I've Done So Far:
API Key and Setup:
- I created an API key from
admin.atlassian.com under my organization's settings. - I've ensured that I have the necessary Organization ID and API key, as per the documentation.
- The API key is included in the Authorization header as a Bearer token.
Request Attempt:
- I'm using the
/users/{account_id}/manage endpoint to check user management permissions and eventually retrieve email addresses. - However, when I send a GET request to this endpoint, I consistently receive a
403 Forbidden response.
Issue:
- 403 Forbidden Error: Despite ensuring that the API key and Organization ID are correct, I’m still encountering a
403 Forbidden error. This suggests that there might be a permissions issue, but I'm unsure how to proceed. Error mentions that Caller must be a verified org admin. Does that mean there is a verification process to perform and a "simple" org admin does not suffice?
My Questions:
- Permissions: Are there additional permissions or scopes that need to be configured for the API key to allow access to user email addresses?
- Organization and API Roles: How can I verify that my API key and associated account have the appropriate roles to manage users and access their emails?
- Best Practices: Is there a recommended approach or best practice for securely and efficiently accessing user emails through the Atlassian API?
Additional Context:
- My ultimate goal is to link Atlassian user emails with another application within our organization if there is a more straight forward way of doing this then please let me know.
Thank you for your assistance!