Hello, I cannot update the first and last name of a friend who works in our company. It says synchronized from the identity provider. How can I do this? Thank you.
Hi Firat - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Your organization is linked to an identity management tool (IAM) for your company - like Active Directory, Okta, etc. The name needs to be updated there, and then it will automatically be updated in Jira.
Hello John.
We are not using any identity management tool. We are creating an email using Google infrastructure. In fact, this email address that I want to change was previously used by another friend of ours and he quit his job. Now we created an email address for our new employee with the same name and when we add it to Jira, the old user's name and surname appear. Is there any way to change this?
Thank you.
Hello @firat ,
I believe you cannot. Users can change their names only if they signed up via email. If your login work using other options, such as Google, Microsoft 365 (M365), Apple, or Slack, you cannot change names. In these cases, the names are automatically pulled from the respective account or identity provider (e.g., Google, M365, etc.). Screen shot below to more ref:
Hope this help.
Regards,
Rishabh
Well the error message says that you are using an identity provider. You need to solve that issue first. What are you using to verify a user when they log in? Is there some type of SSO that is being used? Are you using Atlassian Guard or another tool?
We only connect with Google. Although the first and last name information on Google is up to date, it looks different in Jira.
I guess that's what you said. Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.