After creating credentials as stated in this page.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/integrate-with-jenkins/ the credentials are not able to be selected.
Is this a bug or is my process incorrect.
Hello @Tyler Gale
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Exactly which steps in that page did you follow to create credentials?
Which step are you at now, and how is what you're seeing different than what you think you should be seeing?
As per this section of the document, within Jira you should get a webhook and secret token.
You need to provide that information (copy it into) a screen in Jenkins:
After gathering the needed connection info from the Jira Cloud instance and creating a credential for the secret text to be used in the jira extension/plugin found in the jenkins GUI, I am looking to select the newly created credentials and they seem to be missing from the system as if they were not created. When investigating by going into the credentials menu the newly created credentials are present just not able to be assigned to the jira integration portion of the System configuration menu.
Note that I don't actually have a Jenkins environment where I can try this myself.
The dropdown you mentioned does not appear to be included in the instructions from the referenced document. Here is a screen image of the instructions for completing the connection on the Jenkins side.
If I am overlooking the step you are trying to execute, please point out to me which step in the documentation corresponds to what you are trying to do, and confirm you have completed the prerequisite steps.
In step 5 you need to create a credential to store the secret key as text. This is the place I am unable to select an already created credential for use with this plug in.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.