We have switched from Opsgenie to JSM and my colleague wants to set up methods of alerts notifications. But he cannot see the Alert tab in the left menu as I am.
What could cause this? How to fix it?
Thanks
Jana
Hi @Jana Mandulová
I believe you need to confirm that your colleague has "Jira Service Management - Agent" access.
I tested this on my end with a test account and granted it access to Jira only (not Jira Service Management). When I went to Notifications Settings in Personal Settings, I could see the "Projects and issues" option in Notification Settings but the "Alerts" option was missing.
I then granted the account "Jira Service Management - Agent" access as well and signed out and signed back in with the account. After doing so, "Alerts" was shown there.
I then removed "Jira Service Management - Agent" access and the "Alerts" page stopped working and I'm sure that if I signed out and signed back in, it would no longer be shown.
Can you confirm that your colleague has that access mentioned above and that they've tried signing out and signing back in?
Hi @Jana Mandulová , is it possible that your project was not created as an ITSM project? Can you share an image of your project sidebar?
Hi Jack,
This setting is not under project, but under Personal user setting here. I can see it, my colleague not:
Ah, ok. Well, I will need to investigate as I have not come across this before. Let me see if I can find a clue.
Don't really have a clue, but can you double check if
BTW, I do not see either. It would be interesting to go into User management and compare your user details against your colleagues for any differences.
Thanks, 1. and 3. both of us same, 2. I will check with him.
Hi Chris, yes we both have JSM - Agent access. I will check with him if he signed out and signed back.
I'm pretty confident that this is the smoking gun here.
You were right. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.