We are trying to have a certain ticket type, once submitted automatically create a story with all of the necessary details/fields from the original ticket.
Hello @Beth Medley
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What method are you using to try to accomplish this?
What problem are you encountering?
What version of Jira Data Center are you using?
We are using on-prem Jira Project management software. We have multiple service desks and multiple boards, both Kanban and Scrum. I am trying to automate a ticket (issue) from a service desk to a Kanban board and create a story that we will use to move along in different stages. We will then close the original service desk ticket (issue).
When I am in the service desk project settings, using automation, Rules.
I've set it to
I've also gone into the desired board and added all fields to the field configurations scheme.
Thank you for that additional information.
What version of Jira Service Desk are you using? And what version of Jira Project Management software are you using?
Do you have only one option for Automation or two as is shown below?
Did you add the fields to the Screens for the issues types in the Software projects?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.