Hi Everyone, I hope someone has the wisdom to advise… 😊
I want to make sure about the user rights that can be assigned:
- As I understand certain pages/sub-pages can be made visible to all Confluence users that have access to the space
- As I understand this is also possible: Certain pages/sub-pages can be locked and only specific users have access to it. Can we assign access to a page and certain sub-pages are locked ensuring you can only see the sub-pages that are “open” to you as a user. And vice versa.
- Can certain pages/sub-pages be given access to non-confluence users? I think then we are moving into the space of making a page “public” to the web and I am not sure if this “public access” right can be managed on a page/sub-page level or only on a space level. (I previously experienced some issues with another team were we wanted to make certain documentation available to non-confluence users but not necessarily the entire world. From what I know today; this is not possible).
- Can I publish a page that I have created but then still ask my manager to sign it off/approve it. I am creating training material that must be looked over before it is finalized. How do I do this? Do I tag my manager with a ‘please sign off’ tag or what is a better way? As the page will always indicate the date and time it was created, it will be great for the date and time which a person requested sign-off sits in the document, same with the approval thereof.