How I can get the datasets in an Test xray cloud issue?
I see in the network the request:
Hi @DINA GENEZIA
I guess this is nt possible right now. There was exactly the same question a few days ago but we couldn‘t find a solution either.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/App-Central-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-get-dataset-within-XRAY-Test/qaq-p/2771257
Please see the complete answer there.
BestStefan
You can refer to the API doc of Xray.
REST API - Xray Cloud Documentation - Xray (getxray.app)
Regards
I read it and tried, but i need the parameter inside the issue:
The flow_number for example
Have you try to get the issue itself and the field manual Test step ?
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/api-group-issue/#api-rest-agile-1-0-issue-issueidorkey-get
yes
Step data in Jira cloud stored in the xray cloud, and not in the Jira
I tried to get it from graphql api, but I don't see there the param-data I need
I thought there is maybe another way.
@DINA GENEZIA
Could your question be answered? Even if it´s not a solution for your question: in case it was answered would you be so kind to accept the answer in order to mark this question as answered so that other users can find appropriate answers faster.
Hi,
I have the same problem and was looking through this thread but couldn't find a solution. The issue is that the documentation for getTest doesn't list all the possible parameters that can be called, which makes the process very frustrating because you're just trying out parameter names, hoping one will work. After a lot of searching and testing, I came to the conclusion that there is no way to retrieve the called parameters through the API (which is a major flaw).
However, I noticed that the CSV export of a test case has the last column, which contains the called test parameters. Unfortunately, there is still no way to get these CSV files for each test case automatically or via the API. So, the solution I found is to manually download all the CSV files you need and save them in a folder to use as your repository for the called test parameters. This is extremely annoying and makes the process much longer than it should be, especially since this is not mentioned anywhere.
I had about 250 test cases that I had to go into and download the CSV files individually, but it only took about an hour, so I think this is the best approach for now.
If anyone has found a better solution, please let me know. I hope this issue is fixed soon because it's a major oversight in their API.
Hi @Firaas Antar
Thanks for your input on this and also showing and documenting effort to find a solution / workaround for this issue.
Awesome and much appreciated work.
Did you also reach out to vendor´s support to raise an issue on this? Otherwise they might not see this as a big flaw or even don´t notice this feature might be needed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.