Hello everyone,
This is my first post here!
I am migrating our user base from our current ticketing system (HappyFox) to JSM. One problem I need to solve before I can move forward is properly alerting our support staff when an incident occurs.
Currently, we have 2 kinds of alerts based on the priority of a submitted ticket:
- A P1 incident will page someone 24/7
- A P2 incident will page only during business hours
Those work schedules are managed within Happyfox, where the smart rule is run.

When looking into creating work schedules in JSM it appears that I am required to create and manage teams, around which on-call rules, alert routing, etc can be built. However, I don't see any way to automate team membership via an Atlassian group or sync users against a directory. Each team has to be manually created and managed which is a lot of user management overhead and duplicates effort already we've already spent in OKTA/Pagerduty. All of our services, teams, and schedules are already created and in use in Pagerduty and I'd like to leverage that as much as possible.
My questions are:
- Is there any way to create automation in JSM that will "wait" to email Pagerduty until working hours? Maybe some kind of regular expression to compare the created time against?
- If that's not possible, how can I automate my Teams against my Atlassian directory of users?
- Lastly, is there a better method than what I've come up with? I am not an expert at JSM or Pagerduty.
Thank you for your help!