I mistakely deleted a repository, can it be restored?
Maybe. It depends on your backups.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/restore-a-deleted-repository-for-bitbucket-server-942841062.html
Hello @chana roobinski and Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
It depends on whether you have a backup of your repository or not. If you have a backup you can restore it from the copy. If not, it can be harder. It's better to raise a ticket so that the support team can help you as if the deletion happened within the 7-day window, there is a possibility that your data can be restored. Here is a thread about it: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Recover-Deleted-Repository/qaq-p/1805128
For the future, I would advise thinking of a backup strategy. There are some options, like Bitbucket Zero downtime, DIY backup scripts, or third-party backup tools. You can read more about different backup options here: https://xopero.com/blog/en/best-bitbucket-backup-tools-for-secure-data-protection/
Regards,
Daria
Hi Chana and welcome to the community!
I checked the workspaces and repositories your account has access to, and I found one repo deleted by your user. A backup was available for this repo and I restored it. The timestamp of the deletion has been added to this repo's name, but you can change that from Repository settings.
Can you see the repo now when viewing all repositories of the workspace it belongs to?
Kind regards,Theodora
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.