Hi All,
I recently started using Jira Work Management and an trying to figure out a way to create a template or be able to clone a whole hierarchy of issues to use for large scale repeatable projects. I don't want them to be separate projects in Jira.
I am running into an issue where I select to clone the issue at the highest level of the hierarchy (one above the epic level) and click the check boxes to include child issues and issue links, yet when I hit clone only the highest level parent issue actually comes over.
My issuetype hierarchy looks like this:
Project > Phase (this one is considered the same level as an Epic) > Story/Task > Sub-Task
Does this feature not work for issuetypes above the Epic level?
Alternatively I tried a 3P app called Issue Templates Agent which claims to offer this feature but alas, it does not work there either, it only allows me to start a template with the "Phase" issuetype.
Is there any way to accomplish this? I really need this feature in some capacity. Thanks!!
Added screenshots below of what I am seeing.




