I am trying to link issues with the same label. So if I create 10 issues with the label "test" I'd like to run a rule to link them. This is the automation I'm working with and not getting any success th right now and have not had any success
Hello @Brian Alves
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What event do you want to trigger this rule? Do you want it to be triggered each time a new issue is created, then have it find all the other issues with the same label as the trigger issue, and link the trigger issue to all the issues found?
Do you want to trigger the rule after all 10 issues have been created? And then create a link between each of those 10 issues and all the other 9 issues in the set (so each of the 10 issues has links to 9 other issues)?
An issue can have more than one value in the Labels field. How is your rule going to know the relevant Label value?
Do you want to be able to run this rule for different label values?
Hi @Brian Alves
Welcome to the comunity!
You need to create a new branch to investigate the issue with the same labels, after which you can link the newly created issue with the others.
i.e
Hope this helps!
Best regards
Sam
That assumes that the issue created (the trigger issue) has the value "test" in its Labels.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill ! Yes I would like to run on every issue and group specific labels with each other. I'm hoping to have multiple labels then create a rule for each label to link with eachother. If I create an initiative with 10 items in it and 2 labels. So 5 items would have label 'test' the other 5 would have label 'test2' then the automation would link issues with the same label together. Not necessarily to any trigger issue. Does that make sense?
Hi @Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_ ! I would like to run on every issue and group specific labels with each other. I'm hoping to have multiple labels then create a rule for each label to link with eachother. If I create an initiative with 10 items in it and 2 labels. So 5 items would have label 'test' the other 5 would have label 'test2' then the automation would link issues with the same label together. Not necessarily to any trigger issue.
I am still not clear on when you want the rule to trigger.
Let us say it is triggered upon the creation of a single issue. And that issue may have 0..n Labels values.
I think this is the type of flow you're looking for. Correct me if I'm wrong.
When issue createdAnd Labels is not emptyFor each Labels value Find other issues that have the same Labels value For each issue found Link that issue to the rule's trigger issue.
Unfortunately Automation Rules don't support nesting For branches in that manner.
Are you trying to incorporate this linking into an Automation Rule where you are also creating the Initiative and the child issues? Or is the issue creation being done manually?
Might you create more issues with the same Labels that you used previously ('test' and 'test2')? Should those new issues be linked to the ones created before?
ah okay so I will keep this simple
If I create issues that share the same label I want to them to automatically linked to one another based on label. So if I create 10 issues with 1 label in each of those issues then they should all connect to one another.
When issue created Label = test Link to one another with label
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.