We have an assignee and due date. Despite JIRA assigning a user, I cannot get it to assign a due date when a transition occurs. I have tried a few things, and the best I can do is get the transition to fail and add an error message when the due date is missing. This is really not functional for our use, and it would be MUCH better if I could just assign a due date.
The following will be processed after the transition occurs
1. Set issue fields
For the current issue
Due date will be set to:<span>{</span><span>{</span><span>now</span><span>.</span><span>jiraDate</span><span>}</span><span>}</span>
<span>(unless the field already has a value) Run as current user. Execution logs : 0 errors and 0 warnings in the last 24 hours</span>
2. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
3. Assign the issue to the current user. Please note that the issue will only be assigned to the current user if the current user has the 'Assignable User' permission.
4. Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
5. Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
6. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
7. Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners.