Hello,
We are attempting to find a way to auto-populate our Assets Object custom field in an issue when an alert is linked. In a more basic form, I have created an automation rule that is fired from a manual trigger. This trigger creates an Incident and populates the Summary with {{alert.message}} and Description with {{alert.description}}. We have created a custom field called "Linked Device" that is used to track Hostnames of devices involved with the Incident.
I'm attempting to use {{alert.entity}} to auto populate the Linked Device field but am struggling. Are Smart Values valid within the Asset Objects custom field?

This works just fine at populating the Asset Object.
name = "hostname"
This does not.
name = "{{alert.entity}}" ........... or this name = {{alert.entity}}
Ultimately, I want any alert that is linked to an incident to always attempt to add its {{alert.entity}} value to the Asset Objects field. We allow multiple Objects within the field and this seems like a possibility.
Am I missing something within Automation to accomplish this? Is there an App available that would accomplish this easier? Automation is lacking a trigger like "alert linked". That would at least allow me to run automation rules each time an alert is linked.
Thanks Everyone!