Hi All
Yes the question sounds simple and I have scoured the internet for answers ... I am asking because I feel I have fundamentally set up my framework incorrectly. Yes I am new to Jira .. this is my 1st week ... and hopefully I am using the correct terminology .. so please stay with me here.
When I built my framework I did it all in "Gantt Chart" view. So I would add an epic / story / task / subtask as per pic 1 (Right click the 6 dots / Add / Child Issue / etc). I did it this way because my seniors would like to see the project this way, and IMO its laid out logically so I can see the whole picture to ensure I had the framework correct.
This was working all fine until I realised my structure was 1 too deep. Previously had DM7 / DM8 as "stories" as opposed to "Epics", which created a layer that I didn't really require. So I changed them from "Stories" to "Epics", and the "Tasks" to "Stories".
So because DM8a was (previously) a task ... "Master Input Data" was a subtask. So I changed it from a "Sub task" to a "Task" by moving it as an "issue". However I cannot move "Master Input Data" task back under DM8a "story" ?
I did think about deleting it and starting it again .. but there are already lots of notes within the task, so I don't know if copying it and restarting is a possibility ?
Anyhow .. it what I am after is the structure that is under DM7b (except the "subtasks " shown in pic 2 below should be "tasks")
So my questions are:
1. Is it possible ? If so, how ?
2. Does it even matter if it sits under a story as a "task" or "Subtask" ?
3. I did think about deleting it and starting it again .. but there are already lots of notes within the task, so I don't even know if copying it and restarting is a possibility ?
So i've made a mess from when I first started ... can anyone help me out ??
Thanks 
Pic #1
Pic #2
