Hi,
I am one of the administrators of our org JIRA instances.
In setting up our screen, I have noticed a behavior that is confusing to me and I can't find documentation for.
Behavior I see
This has to do with the Edit and View Screen and also the Issue Layout.
My understanding of the Screen Scheme is as follows.

Since editing and viewing of issue happens on the same page now, the Edit Issue Screen has the fields that are editable and the View issue Screen has fields that are visible.
So if Edit Issue has fields: A,B and View Issue has A,B,C
You will see field C, but you won't be able to edit it.
I have also noticed you can affect the View Screen through the Issue Layout Screen.

If you drag any of the fields on the right, It shows up in the Edit and View Screen.
I bring this up because now if something is not in the Edit Screen, but in View Screen, it still doesn't show up.
Example
Lets take the field "Actual End" as an example
Its not in Edit Screen

Its not in View Screen

Now lets say I drag "Actual End" field to to main tab

It appears

Its also editable.

Now lets say I don't want it to be editable.

I disappear from the ticket

Even weirder, its still in the Issue Layout and View Screen.


This behavior is weird to me.
Can someone explain what is happening to me?
At the very least, direct me to the documentation of this behavior.
Thank you for your time