Hello, I want to restrict the creation of subtasks by the type of the parent ticket. For example, I don't want a story type parent ticket to have a subtask. How can I do this using automation?
HI @Manar El Kefi ,
Why would you want to use Automation for this? Could you share a bit more context about the use case/situation you want to solve?
Please keep in mind that natively in Jira this is not supported: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-7990
Hi @Manar El Kefi
To restrict the creation of subtasks based on the parent ticket type, you can follow the automation rule below on how to set it up.
Navigate to Automation:
Create a New Rule:
Add a Condition:
Branch Rule/Related Issues:
Add Another Condition:
Add an Action:
Save and Enable the Rule:
Here is the automation flow that I set up based on your requirements above:
I hope this may help!
Annie
To test the rule, you can create a Story issue and create a subtask under it. Then you can see the subtask is automatically deleted.
Annie@DevSamurai I did the same steps but when I create for example a subtask for a task parent , it's created. I don't know why
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.