hello,
there is another option to create pop up message to user in jira except workflow?
Thanks Shani
Hi @Shani Levi ,
Welcome to the community !!
Native jira does not have this feature. You need to search in Atlassian Marketplace for the apps based on your requirement.
@Shani Levi ,
Welcome to the community!
There are two ways to create popups:
Can you give more context on what you want to achieve with this popup?
I have automation that transition issue to "new" status when field "target sprint" is not empty.
and I need to update the user that he need to update value in "target sprint" field and this is the reason that the issue not transition to "new".
can you explain me how exactly to create this pop up from the triggered automation?
Hi Shani,
You might be able to do it using the ScriptRunner Behaviours app. But you would have to test and see. Or contact the vendor and ask them.
I'm struggling to understand the logic here (how it works in practice).
As I understand it:
I think the solution depends more on your further requirements. I mean, after how much time would you want a user to be notified that 'New' is not an available status? Or, you could also try adding a 'Validator' to the workflow that enables the user to see the status 'New', but when they try to activate it, it will show an error stating that a mandatory field is not filled in yet.
In the screenshot below I chose the 'Sprint' field as example but you can change this to your custom field as well:
the issue is that I have validator on "target sprint" field in "new" transtion and also have automation that transion to "new" when fix version is update (I added condition that checked that "target sprint" is not empty to prevent errors in the automation).
but I need to update the user that the transition to "new" not occure becouse the "target sprint" is empty.
see my automation:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.