Is it possible to add the Description field to show up in my (Advanced Roadmap) Plan?
@Jeffrey B Peterlin ,
This is not possible, and I don't think it's desirable either - since Descriptions have near-unlimited length, making a Plan potentially unreadable.
The same applies to the multi-line (Paragraph) text custom field, which you also can't add to a Plan: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-custom-fields-used-in-advanced-roadmaps-in-jira/
It is what I had researched & located too (but I'm new to reaching out to all of the wonderful experts here). Background: a valued client requests an Excel each week from Roadmaps...currently, I include the issue # and description in a separate tab and do a VLOOKUP to populate on the other tab (w/ the Roadmap's extract)...thank you very much for the quick confirmation @Hans Polder
While this may be true, for me it is extremely desirable to have the capability of entering a description for new tickets (those in the plan that have not yet been created), even if we don't show the full multi-line Description field on the Plan.
Otherwise, there is no way to pre-populate any description info until after submitting the changes in the Portfolio plan. That means if I am creating or modifying many tickets at once, I don't have to keep a separate record of the Descriptions that I plan to enter into these tickets later on.
Even a single-line text field to serve as the initial Description or text to be added to the existing description is extremely useful. In fact, I hacked my own method for doing this by adding a custom single-line text field and an Automation that will notice any time this field is edited, thereby appending this info to the end of any existing Description.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.