When using "Save As" to copy a filter, is there a way to retain the columns from the original filter? What it looks like it's doing currently is using the last configuration of columns based upon any changes made to the default setting.
This bug is definitely still alive. I found a work around. If you click on "Save As new filter" on the left side from the "Edit Filter's column order" screen, the column orders are retained. While this workaround works, it is a hassle since it takes 2 extra steps to clone a filter properly. Please fix this as soon as possible. thx!
Ming
Hi Wayne,
You should be able to add column order to a saved filter, check out the instructions for Defining filter-specific issue navigator column order in the online docs. If you're having problems with this, feel free to submit a ticket over at our support site.
Thanks,
-dave
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the quick response. That's not the question I'm asking though. What I really want to know is why is it that when I perform a "Save As" the columns from the original filter are not retained? In other words, the columns completely change to whatever I have done to the default Navigator column setting. Wouldn't it make sense that if I'm copying a filter I'd also like to retain the column settings as well?
Thanks, Wayne
Sorry, Wayne! That does make sense, and I had thought it was working once you set the columns. It appears that this used to be a bug, and while it was supposed to be fixed, I'm wondering if the 'fix' was actually applied. I'm looking into this and will get back to you. In the meantime, you'll unfortunately have to set the column info on the filter (but at least you only have to do it once!).
Thanks Dave. It would be great if this would be fixed. Glad to know you're following up. Thanks again. BTW, love that avatar with the sailboat. If I ever get some extra $ I really want to get back to running with the wind.
Seems like the bug has reappeared. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30968
Have added an additional comment there.
Thanks Renjith for following up on the originally reported bug!
Thank you Mgong!
I may have an answer for copying other user's filters and preserving the column order in JIRA 5.2
First you will need a URL that's unique to you
You should now have a URL similar to
https://JIRASERVER:8080/secure/SaveAsFilter!default.jspa?atl_token=ABCD-1234-WXYZ-RS12%4abdc23552ab218394ac676273acbe214525f123ab%7Clin&returnUrl=ManageFilters.jspa
Now to copy other user's filters and preserve the column order
I've tested this and it's worked for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.