Our team have received emails with subject "TLS cipher suites are being deprecated by August 5, 2024". We are not using email communications but we are using Jira Rest apis in our application.
example :
We are using Basic authentication for these API requests. Will these API requests also affect after August 5th. If yes, could you please suggest a documentation, to use Bearer Token authentication for these rest api calls.
Hello @v-mchette,
Thank you for reaching out on the Atlassian Community.
I can confirm, the upcoming changes to the supported TLS cipher suites is directly related to Jiras Incoming Mail Handler feature only, and will not affect other parts of the application.
Hello @v-mchette
I am sorry, I want to clarify that these change also apply to Jira Service Management's Customer Portal for creating support request.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/receiving-requests-by-email-939926303.html
Hi Nathan, do you happen to know how I can tell which authentication type my incoming mail connection uses (basic vs OAuth)?
Also, our Jira instance uses the Default Cloud Mail Server - is this affected by the change?
Thanks!
Hey Alin,
If using the Default Cloud Mail Server within your site, as we here at Atlassian manage those mail systems, you do not need to worry about any changes and will not be affected.
In regards to your question, if you navigate directly to your sites incoming mail page, you will be able to see the Default Cloud Mail Server, as well as any additional mail servers, along with the protocol those servers are using as in my example of my incoming mail page below:
hi
I got the following message and today I couldn't login to Jira.
Please fix it immediately.
Hello @[deleted],
If you are still experiencing issues logging in, I suggest you open a ticket with our Technical Support team using the following link.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.