Hello, I have inherited a particular Jira setup for our ITS department and am looking for advice as to how to (or if I should) revamp it. It's could based, and we have the Standard (but might upgrade to premium)
We currently have about 20-30 department projects to tackle, but most of the projects are entered into Jira as Epics or Stories.
We have to Jira Projects that were created, but they more pertain to the IT subdivision or category rather than an actual project to complete. They are mostly company-based project setups. Most of the projects assigned to folks in the department are not software development (except mine)
The CIO would like to be able to see all of our department projects in a list.
The way I'm seeing this, I should change the setup in Jira so that a Jira Project has a 1-1 relationship with a department project. I'm I oversimplifying what we need or is that how normal projects are set up
Another option I have is to try to hire a Jira contractor that can show/do what we need to get us on the right path, but if my way is pretty much the way Jira projects are usually set up then it's at least worth trying and hopefully learning along the way.
Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.