We use a tool to sync bugs between Jira and ALM once we upgrade to cloud version our syncing stopped working because ALM does not have the email address - it uses the userid which is no longer in Jira. we were wondering if we can add a custom field to the user profile data in Jira to house the userID.
thank you.
Hello @Donna Bacich
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Are these Managed user accounts? Apparently for those you can add properties, though I have not actually tried it.
https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/update-roles-and-properties-for-jira-users/
Thank you. I will research and reply back with outcomes.
@Trudy P Claspill my Jira Admin is asking two questions, can you help to answer?
Two questions for customer support:
To be clear, I am not customer support for Atlassian. I am just another user of the products.
1. As per the documentation there is no UI for bulk updating user properties. Also note in that document it mentions that the REST API for modifying User Properties do not reference the User Properties that can be managed through the UI. I have not actually tried to manage User Properties with either method.
2. What reports are they trying to extract? How do they want to extract that data (API, UI, ...)?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.