My Jira project has this nice "Manage Roles" section (see screenshot) where I can create a custom role and give it specific permissions, and then I can assign it to a specific user. From a configuration perspective, this appears to be fantastic and SO much easier than what I've tried to do (unsuccessfully) with the permission schemes.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong or is it really this difficult to add an outside user to a single project? I have added a user to that new role and assigned the role permissions, but the user does not receive access until I add them as a user in Jira and then they get access to all projects and not just the single project as a guest.
This new UI seems like a very straightforward way to configure a new group and assign specific users to that group, but I must be missing a step as it seems to have no impact.
Note: I verified this is a Team-Managed project. The user in the example has been added to Jira, but has not been given access to Jira (we only have User and Admin options). I added the user to this project through this admin screen and nowhere else.
