How to append the field that user filled up in the form in front the ticket summary after user raise and submit the ticket? I cant find the smart value key in the form.
@Louis Lew
Automation will do
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library
and for your particular case:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Automation-to-append-CF-value-to-Summary/qaq-p/1957317
Trigger is issue created and Action Edit Issue.
Yes, i knew I mean how to add the field in the form in automation. Because i cant find the smart value for the field that in the the form.
Hi Louis - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Your best bet in the short term is to create a custom field. Then in your form, link the custom field to the form field. Then refresh your automation rule. You should be able to use the new custom field in your rule then.
Hi @John Funk thanks for your advise. But how to link custom fied to the form field? Because I cant find where can I link the custom field to my form field.
Hi @John Funk I found the setting. Thank you so much for your help!
You are welcome. Just realize that your existing issues will not be automatically updated. If you want to use any of the not completed issues, you will need to manually update the field in those issues. Also, if this solved your problem, would you kindly click the Accept answer button above so we can close this one out? Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.