I am an administrator on Jira Software project, however I do not have the option to manually clear items in the done column of a kandban. I only get "set column limit" and "delete". I need to be able to clear these items, how do I do this?
Hello @Eléonore Dixon-Roche
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What type of project are you using? Get that information from the View All Projects page under the Projects menu. Look at the Type column.
Can you provide a screen image that shows us what you see for options?
I'm guessing you're using a Kanban board. Try doing a release.
The Kanban board sub-filter (go to Board Configuration - General to see it) filters-out the released jira issues: Kanban board sub-filter: fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY
Hiya,
I'm using a team-managed software, and a then the Kanban board in the Board section. I have other boards where I can clear the column but this is the only board where I cannot.
Thanks!
Project type from the view all projects menu
Options on the done column
I've been trying to recreate your issue.
I saw only those options when I had a scrum board instead of a kanban board, but I haven't been able to recreate that on a Kanban board yet.
Can you double check that there is not a Complete Sprint button in the upper right corner of the board (indicating it is a scrum board)?
Oh my gosh there is... and it's not on other boards I have. Is this a setting that I can change and/or if select "Complete Sprint" does that just clear the Done items? Thanks so much for helping!
I tried this and this is not quite what I was looking for. Trudy below found the issue, there's a "Complete Sprint" button which I don't have on my other boards.
Ah ,so you were secretly doing scrum on a Kanban board. The two really differ in their approach. And although Jira can let you mix and match these two, Atlassian really has put some thought into them.
I inherited the board the day before posting this and honestly had no idea how to flip between the two. Such a simple answer and good to know going forward.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.