I am creating a change management project within Jira.
I have built some automations that will send an email containing the information about the ticket I want to populate this message with the necessary fields:
We would like to inform you of an important change regarding [specify what is changing, e.g., policy, procedure, system, schedule]. This change will take effect starting from [effective date]. For the effective date I would like to use the custom field: "Planned start"
Key Details:
- What is changing: [Title of the change]
- Thinking about using: {{issue.summary}}
- Reason for the change: [Explain why this change is happening]
- Impact: [Describe how this change will affect the staff or operations]
- Thought the description might be the best here: {{issue.description}}
- Next Steps: [Outline any actions staff need to take or any important dates to remember
- Contact Person/Department] at [Contact Information].
- I do not have my jira instance set up to pull information from AD yet so I am unsure how to gather this and then send it out in an email.
- I was thinking about adding the assignee name?
I want to include the data from the custom field "Planned start"
This custom field is a Date Time Picker
I am not sure how to find the ID for the custom field or the syntax for these either.
I want this entire email to pull from information from the ticket so it runs automatically without any external additions.