Hi everyone,
I'm tasked with deleting some old / redundant custom fields in our Jira instance.
However, I want to make sure that I am not deleting anything that is still being used.
Some of the questions I ran into are:
- If a custom field is not being used in a project, but has a context, can I assume it is not being used in any project right now?
- If a custom field is not being used in any project, but is included in a Screen, can I assume it is not being used in any current project?
- If a custom field's "Last used" says "No information" or "Not tracked", can I assume it was never used at all and its safe to delete?
- Some custom fields context also states that they are part of the default configuration scheme for "XY" e.g. "Vulnerability", should similar custom fields which are not being used in any project (but may be attached to Screens) be kept?
I would also appreciate some general insights and tips on how to deal with the clean up process for not needed custom fields. For some I will reach out to the different departments. However, due to the sheer amount of custom fields that would slow down the process dramatically.
Thanks everyone for your valuable input!