I am using Jira's web portal and I can't figure out where I can change the outgoing email. When emails are sent, the from email is jira@project.atlassian.net - I'd like to use my companies. I can only find documentation on how to change the SMTP server for a local server.
It's a restricted function on Cloud, you can't change it. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/restricted-functions-in-jira-cloud-applications-776636921.html
Drats. Well thank you for the information!
Hello,
it seems that you can now configure the cloud instances to send e-mail on behalf of your domain which might solve this issue :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-jira-cloud-to-send-emails-on-behalf-of-your-domain-900996548.html
I wonder why they opted for such a complicated approach? Why not just have options to configure mail-server with an adress, username and password?
Because a LOT of people who set up mail servers use additional parameters.
If additional parameters need to be used, they should be available together with the basic parameters (as in any other mail configuration).
I agree, Atlassian sometimes do things the hard way.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.