Hi All,
I am developing an online application, which has a requirement for a text field that searches for existing items that match the text input (like a select box) however allow a "new" field if there are no matching results.
An example of what I am after is throughout JIRA - image included below - clicking the New Component choice will allow the newly typed item to stay in the select and be used as the value of the input field:
JIRA-Select.jpg
I am after some direction on how this has been implemented in JIRA. I have tried to implement this myself, and have also scoured the web for a plugin that is remotely similar, and am still having no luck.
The closest I get is a select box that searches as I type, but I am not able to add the newly typed item.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Nathan