I'm currently managing a project which includes issues from two epics across different projects.
- Company-managed/scrum board
- Epic "IDSV8-1059" is under the IDS V8 project and includes 15 issues associated with my effort. All of these tasks reference the ESDR-1 in its parent/epic field.
- Epic "ESDR-1" is under it's own project and includes 30 issues associated with my effort.
- 45 total issues. My filter is ("Epic Link" = "idsv8-1059" OR "Epic Link" = "esdr-1")
There are several things not adding up:
- I understand the Timeline view will not show as we would need to adopt Jira Premium. Fine.
- (See "Backlog" pic)The Backlog view shows all 45 issues organized into 6 sprints; the first sprint is Active and the epic panel is enabled so why can't I select my two existing epics (ESDR-1 and IDSV8-1059)? Jira wants me to create a new epic rather than selecting two existing epics. What's wrong?
- The Active Sprints view shows the 18 issues from the active sprint "First". But the count of issues for In Progress and Completed don't align between the Backlog (see "backlog2" pic) and Active Sprints (see "active sprints" pic) views. I believe the column and statuses are mapped correctly (see "columns" pic).
- I have no Swimlanes set up. No quick filters. Card colors. or Card layout.
- My estimation is set to Story Points and time tracking is enabled.
My whole goal is to be able to see the Epic Burndown chart. What am I doing wrong?



