Hi,
Recently my organisation added Assets, and now we are finding fields that should be replaced with assets. I'm looking to replace these fields, so I'm trying to move the history of the old (multi-choice list) field to the new (Asset) field.
First I tried to Bulk change the issues, but this is not working as the Asset field seems to only "replace" value when doing a 2nd bulk change on the same issue, instead of adding the value. Since there are ~200 choices in the list, and most issues have 1-5+ (up to 48) of the choices selected, it's not a viable option. You'd have to bulk change 200x (1 time for each option), and then manually add the other 0-4+ (up to 47) choices to all the issues.
So now I'm looking to do it via Ex/Import: I exported all the old-field values to a CSV, including Key and Summary, and tried to import the file back, mapping the value onto the new (Asset) field. The field ís selectable, so I'm assuming it should be possible. However, despite using the exact name of the assets (as they were once imported from that same old-field value list), I'm getting an error saying "Probably value was in incorrect format".
What is the correct format? If that is the problem at all...