We have instances where, when a Story (which is linked to an Epic via the "Epic Link") is changed to an Epic, the "Epic Link" doesn't get removed. The other Epic continues to List this Issue (now AN Epic) under its "Issues in Epic" tab.
Is there any way to remove the Epic Link when a Story is changed to an Epic ?
We had a similar scenario with Parent link & implemented the below fix given by Atlassian,
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automationkb/automation-for-jira-how-to-clear-the-parent-link-field-when-an-issue-is-moved-to-a-new-type-1206795140.html
But, when I try the same steps with Epic Link, it doesn't work.
Any help on this is much appreciated. Thank you !
I have looked into Atlassian's workaround, but it is indeed not working on my instance for the Epic Link field. Instead, I did as follow with success :
Let me know how that goes for you.
If similar approach didn't work, it is possible that it is a bug, reach out to Atlassian support with this case
@Antoine Berry Hellooooo ! Hope you are doing amazing :) Can I please get your thoughts on this ?
@Lucas Modzelewski _Lumo_ Thank you ! Just wondering why its not possible to clear a field when issue type is changed using Jira Automation
Hello @Aisha M , glad to hear from you ! I am doing great, how a bout you ?
Do you want to achieve this for new issues only, or do you wish to clear your history ?
Could you please check the "Audit log" of the automation rule ?
@Antoine Berry For some reason, I still see the converted Epic (which used to be a story) showing up under the other Epic's "Issues in Epic" section
Here is how I tested
Created a Story . Then updated its "Epic link" with an Epic
Now converted this Story into an Epic.
But the original Epic still listing this converted Story under it
Can you check the Audit log of the automation rule ? You should see an error if the rule is correctly created and applied.
I tested exactly like you did and it worked fine.
Let me test the Automation set up in our UAT instead . . *fingers crosses*
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.