I have a cascading field called "business impact" that is required upon creation. I'm trying to set up an automation for a project that once A specific issue type is created an automation creates a new ticket for a team with some of the fields copied and some of the fields pre-filled. However i'm struggling in accessign the business impact field via JSON.
Hey Arturs,
Using the same JSON logic you have on your screenshot, I've successfully modified a cascading select list.
Could you please head into the "Audit log" tab and see what the error message you receive is once running your automation?
Bests,Zuri S.
When i'm running this automation, Audit log is showing following issue:
is your cascading field mandatory? I'm trying to create a new issue with a mandatory field. As there is no option within data center automation to copy from the trigger issue (as i am unable to access the field) It won't create the issue for whatever reason
Yes, the field is mandatory. Please double check whether the values you entered in both your "value" fields are correct. The only way I receive the same error as you do is if I deliberately put a typo in my test case's value(s).
Working outcome where both values exist in my system:
Error message when non-existent values are pushed, aka the JSON code, albeit syntactically correct, cannot run:
Could you double check the parent and children names in the JSON code?
@Zuri Suwru I appreciate the quick answer.
I double checked the values and the issue still persists.
are you on Datacenter environment?
Hi @Zuri Suwru It worked Thank you for your support!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.